freesci-develop

Re: [freesci-develop] MorphOS port

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] MorphOS port
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:35:08 +0100

Hi Ruediger,

> I've built a MorphOS version of FreeSCI

Great :-)
MorphOS is that replacement OS for AmigaOS, right?

> and I would like to ask if it would
> be ok for the developers to merge the changes into CVS so that maintenance
> of the port would be easier for me (just configure/make instead of
> reapplying all changes with each new version) ...

Yes, this would be better for everyone involved.

> It's using SDL, so there are very very few changes, most of them related to
> file/directory stuff, like, path of the config file. Also, (at least in the
> 0.3.3
> sources I used) it is assumed that "." and ".." stand for current/parent
> directory
> which is not true for MorphOS so it would be nice if these may become
> preprocessor symbols.

Agreed. Will these be part of your patch/modified version? If not, what are the
names of the current and previous directory in MorphOS?

> Please let me know what you think of it (doesn't have to be integrated
> before the code freeze/new version if you don't want).

If it really doesn't require that many changes, I don't see why we shouldn't
include it in 0.3.4.

llap,
 Christoph