freesci-develop

Re: [freesci-develop] Sound timing (Win32)

From: Alexander Angas
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Sound timing (Win32)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:18:56 +0930

Re: Win32

>(a) Does your platform support some kind of timer mechanism as described
>above?

Yes, there are a few options in Win32 for this. We have implemented virtually
all of them so I'm pretty sure one of them can be used for this!

>(b) Does your MIDI output layer have a notion of "wait n before executing
>next operation"?

Win32 (MCI) MIDI works best on a 'write ahead' sort of basis where you have
a loop of:
a) Queue up MIDI ops for x (milli)seconds; then
b) Tell MCI to play that queue while you set up the next queue

Alex.