Re: [pooma-dev] POOMA for windows on Dev-C++, or a binary???

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] POOMA for windows on Dev-C++, or a binary???
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:58:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Ben McLean (finlaylabs) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> has anyone had success compiling POOMA on windows using Dev-C++?

What is Dev-C++?  What are the errors you get?  Probably either the
compiler doesn't follow the ISO C++ standard, or it does too much and you
need to use POOMA CVS.

> I like open-source and being a student have not purchased MS Visual
Studio, for which I believe the POOMA compile goes a bit smoother.
Alternatively is there a windows pre-compiled binary available, which I can
test out the package with? That would probably be easiest.

> It is for geophysical research, I want to test a few numerical packages
> especially POOMA before settling on one, but I would rather not spend forever
> trying to determine how to mod POOMA to compile for windows on Dev-C++ (even
> if I had the skills to do so... which I dont).

A precompiled binary won't help you very much for a template library.  But
you can try using a recent Cygwin or Mingw to compile POOMA.  Not that I
have used Windows for any numerical stuff yet...

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>