Problem with Field::makeOwnCopy() and Relations

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Problem with Field::makeOwnCopy() and Relations
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:02:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

We have a problem with Field::makeOwnCopy() and Relations in case of
a Field with multiple subfields. Consider

  Field_t f(canonicalCentering(FaceType, Continuous), ...);
  Pooma::addAllConstantFaceBC(f, 0.0);
  Field_t g(f);
  g.makeOwnCopy();

now in FieldEngine::makeOwnCopy() we get passed g as target s and do

      data(m, c).relations().makeOwnCopy(s);

i.e. we retarget all the subfields relation to the base field g which
the relation later chokes on with an assert.

Duh.

Any ideas?

I'll try to pass s.subField(m, c) here, but I dont think this will work
- will it?

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>