RE: [pooma-dev] [QMTrack] new issue kcc_auto_oneper

From: Julian C. Cummings
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] [QMTrack] new issue kcc_auto_oneper
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:46:23 -0700

I'm a little baffled by this because I always
thought that the --oneper flag in KCC was a
convenience meant to slim down executable sizes,
not a necessity to avoid multiple definition
errors.  We have not set the --oneper flag as
the default in the past because it makes KCC
builds painfully slow.  Could you please cite
an example or two of things that don't build
correctly in Pooma without the --oneper flag?
Maybe someone with access to the KCC compiler
could have a look and see if we are doing
something fundamentally wrong when building
Pooma codes under KCC.  For example, multiple
definition errors usually come from not properly
resolving object files against one another at
prelinking time before the actual link step.

Julian C.