RE: [pooma-dev] Supported Compilers?

From: Julian C. Cummings
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] Supported Compilers?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:35:49 -0700

Jim,

I addressed this issue for the SGI CC compiler some time ago by
inserting into the src/arch/SGI area substitutes for the missing
standard header files that include the old-style .h headers and then
inject the stuff from the C standard library into the std namespace.
So in fact, you should now be able to use the standard header file
names and the std:: qualifier with C library functions under the SGI
CC compiler.  I thought I updated the src/arch/Intel area in a similar
way, but I may have overlooked some things.

In any event, there is a prescription for fixing this problem so that
the standard names can be used.  I was going to respond to your
recent update of the FileSetWriter.h file and request that you try
including <cstring> instead of <string.h> and use std::memset
instead of memset.  This should work under SGI CC using the
substitute <cstring> header in src/arch/SGI.  If there is something
missing or if we need a similar header for src/arch/Intel, let's fix the
problem there and try to use standard include files and syntax in
all the Pooma header files.  It should be safe to do so at this point.

Julian C.