freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Best looking glyphs

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Best looking glyphs
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:40:41 -0600

On Saturday 08 February 2003 02:41 pm, Kaushik Ghose wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks Deepayan for telling me this. I downloaded adarhalipi a long time
> ago and thought you could redistribute it. (I've seen a large number of
> sites carry their own copy for download and assumed).

As I said, I doubt anyone cares (it's possible that they even have no
objection to this, they just don't realise that they need an explicit license
statement. I don't think I ever gave a second thought to copyright issues
back in India before I learnt about the GPL). It's also very likely that they
are copyright violators themselves.

http://www.bangladeshonline.com/software/pshabda/

> About the .dll - its  a link to another site. I don't carry the actual
> file. Could linking get me in trouble ?

Hopefully not. The russian (site) you are linking to is in obviously violating
MS licensing terms.