Re: [fluid-dev] SoundFont exclusiveClass

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] SoundFont exclusiveClass
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 20:23:02 -0400

On Sep 11, 2016, at 17:44 , S. Christian Collins <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 09/10/2016 04:08 PM, Dan Eble wrote:
>> Making this worse, Fluidsynth does not seem to ramp down the during the
>> release portion of the volume envelope (see “releaseVolEnv” in the SoundFont
>> spec).
>
> I am unsure what you are saying here. Could you please clarify?

Say I have an instrument with a release time of 2 seconds.  Fluidsynth sounds
as if it is playing the sound at constant volume for 2 seconds after the end of
the note, then stopping abruptly.  According to the SoundFont spec, the volume
should instead decrease linearly to zero.

    This is the time, in absolute timecents, for a 100% change
    in the Volume Envelope value during release phase. For the
    Volume Envelope, the release phase linearly ramps toward
    zero from the current level, causing a constant dB change
    for each time unit. . . .
—
Dan