Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI commands for reverb/chorus parameters

From: Element Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI commands for reverb/chorus parameters
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 11:15:16 -0600

Hello Ien,

No, the APIs work fine and so do the related shell commands for setting these parameters.  What I was clarifying is that there are no embedded MIDI commands (to my knowledge) for setting the reverb/chorus parameters (depth, frequency, etc) in a MIDI stream.  There aren't any MIDI standards for these things (to my knowledge), which is probably the main reason why this is missing.  Implementing something like what I was describing previously would require creating new interfaces, which have no standard definition, which would be specific to FluidSynth.

Best regards,

Element