Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 19:04:41 +0200

On 08/03/2012 03:39 PM, S. Christian Collins wrote:
Even on my Intel Core i7 (2.8 GHz quad-core) I am able to get Fluidsynth
to cause xruns when playing really fast on a stereo piano sound that I
have (voice polyphony at 256).

After some searching I believe I found what causes the performance to drop.

I've just committed a patch that sets the default build type to RelWithDebInfo (if someone prefers another default, let me know).

As a test, could you rerun with the -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo, so that the build now looks like the below, and see if it improves performance? Thanks!

mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -DLIB_SUFFIX= -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig