[fluid-dev] pitch shifting

From: Michael Geis
Subject: [fluid-dev] pitch shifting
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 22:30:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am trying to understand how fluidsynth performs pitch shifting when the pitch to be played differs from the rootkey of the sample used to synthesize the sound.

To me it looks like this happens in src/rvoice/fluid_rvoice_dsp.c (with another implementation in unused/fluid_dsp_float.c).
Are these the right locations or should I be looking somewhere else? What is the difference between these approaches?
Also, which of the 4 interpolation methods (none, linear, cubic, 7th order) is used by default and why (i.e. what do the performance vs accuracy considerations look like)?

Best regards,
Michael