Re: [fluid-dev] First Try Failure

From: Lane Lester
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] First Try Failure
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 14:34:14 -0400

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <address@hidden> wrote:
Just drag and drop a MIDI file into the main window.

That worked, but as you said, it's not very good for the purpose.

QSynth perhaps has not the best user interface to play MIDI files, because it doesn't implement transport buttons (play/stop/next/...) or a file-open function. Maybe you want to try my KMid2 (http://kmid2.sourceforge.net)
Sorry, it is not available in Debian. You will need to compile it yourself from sources.

Uh, oh, =K=! I don't have the KDE stuff installed and in this slim system I don't want it. Too bad. But thanks, anyway for the suggestion. The UI looks very nice.

Lane
--
Lane Lester
Codger's Cogitations: Reflections on Life and Faith