[fluid-dev] Fluidsynth reverb settings

From: Edenyard
Subject: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth reverb settings
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:49:34 +0000

I'd appreciate some simple guidance on how to adjust Fluid's reverb settings at the command line. I've tried 'man fluidsynth' which seems to indicate that various reverb parameters are adjustable, but it gives no clue as to what the valid range of values for 'num' might be in each case, nor how to actually specify the command on the command line.

I've also tried googling 'fluidsynth reverb settings' etc., but so far to no avail.

I've been using Fluid V1.0.9 and have just installed V1.1.3. I'm running it on Slackware 12.2, in case that matters. So far, my command line looks like this (all on one line):

/usr/local/bin/fluidsynth -s -i -K 48 -g 1 -C 0 -R 1 -a alsa -o audio.alsa.device=hw:0 mysounds.sf2

That has worked for me but obviously uses some unspecified default reverb settings, which I'd now like to try experimenting with.

I'd be very grateful for whatever light anyone can shed on the mystery!

Cheers,
Gerald.