Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth backend for SDL_mixer

From: James Le Cuirot
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth backend for SDL_mixer
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 22:45:18 +0100

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 17:41:12 +0100
James Le Cuirot <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I made the adjustment to 1.1.1 to allow sample rates as low as
> 11025Hz, Rise of the Triad sounded correct. However, I have since
> tried making the same adjustment to 1.1.2 and also tried 1.1.3 where
> David has committed the change upstream (to 8000Hz) and it's back to
> playing at half speed/pitch again. I tested against the patch I
> originally sent here in case one my own changes were to blame. I also
> went back to 1.1.1 just to double check.

I've cracked it. :) I knew something had to be seriously wrong when I
noticed that even the command line player was giving the same results
when lower sample rates were requested.

The function fluid_synth_set_sample_rate in fluid_synth.c makes a call
to fluid_clip that clips the given sample rate to 22500Hz. I think this
was supposed to be 22050! Obviously it needs to be changed to 8000 now.
Maybe this should reference the limits imposed by the settings if
possible?

D1X-Rebirth is STILL not right though. :(

James