[fluid-dev] Need help with CMake for Windows VS 10

From: Jim Henry
Subject: [fluid-dev] Need help with CMake for Windows VS 10
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:30:15 -0700

Hi,

Another not much of a programmer trying to learn enough about CMake to test building FluidSynth for Windows with Visual Studio Express 10. I tried to follow Pedro's guidelines for setting up the Windows environment but I could have missed something there. I did note that my pkgconfig\ directory wound up one level down under lib\ rather than being directly under soft\ as Pedro showed it. Also I haven't set up the things related to libsndfile yet as I was confused by the remarks about PortAudio. I was hoping to get a bit further before having to figure that part out.

When I run CMake I got the report below. Are the various "not found" messages things I need to correct? Or just the error messages in red? Any thoughts on where I should be looking for my problems?

Thanks,
Jim Henry

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works

Detecting C compiler ABI info

Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

Checking whether system has ANSI C header files

Looking for include files StandardHeadersExist

Looking for include files StandardHeadersExist - not found.

ANSI C header files - not found

Looking for include files HAVE_UNISTD_H

Looking for include files HAVE_UNISTD_H - not found.

Looking for DIR in sys/stat.h;sys/types.h;dirent.h

Looking for DIR in sys/stat.h;sys/types.h;dirent.h - not found.

Looking for string.h

Looking for string.h - not found

Looking for stdlib.h

Looking for stdlib.h - found

Looking for stdio.h

Looking for stdio.h - not found

Looking for math.h

Looking for math.h - not found

Looking for errno.h

Looking for errno.h - not found

Looking for stdarg.h

Looking for stdarg.h - not found

Looking for memory.h

Looking for memory.h - found

Looking for sys/mman.h

Looking for sys/mman.h - not found

Looking for sys/types.h

Looking for sys/types.h - not found

Looking for sys/time.h

Looking for sys/time.h - not found

Looking for sys/stat.h

Looking for sys/stat.h - found

Looking for sys/ioctl.h

Looking for sys/ioctl.h - not found

Looking for fcntl.h

Looking for fcntl.h - not found

Looking for sys/socket.h

Looking for sys/socket.h - not found

Looking for netinet/in.h

Looking for netinet/in.h - not found

Looking for netinet/tcp.h

Looking for netinet/tcp.h - not found

Looking for arpa/inet.h

Looking for arpa/inet.h - not found

Looking for limits.h

Looking for limits.h - not found

Looking for pthread.h

Looking for pthread.h - not found

Looking for signal.h

Looking for signal.h - found

Performing Test _have_inline

Performing Test _have_inline - Failed

Performing Test _have___inline__

Performing Test _have___inline__ - Failed

Performing Test _have___inline

Performing Test _have___inline - Failed

Check if the system is big endian

Searching 16 bit integer

Looking for stdint.h

Looking for stdint.h - not found

Looking for stddef.h

Looking for stddef.h - not found

Check size of unsigned short

Check size of unsigned short - failed

Check size of unsigned int

Check size of unsigned int - done

Using unsigned int

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/TestBigEndian.cmake:97 (MESSAGE):

TEST_BIG_ENDIAN found no result!

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:101 (test_big_endian)

Looking for windows.h

Looking for windows.h - not found

Looking for io.h

Looking for io.h - not found

Looking for dsound.h

Looking for dsound.h - not found

Looking for include files HAVE_MMSYSTEM_H

Looking for include files HAVE_MMSYSTEM_H - not found.

checking for modules 'glib-2.0>=2.6.5;gthread-2.0>=2.6.5'

found glib-2.0, version 2.24.0

found gthread-2.0, version 2.24.0

checking for module 'sndfile>=1.0.0'

package 'sndfile>=1.0.0' not found

checking for module 'libpulse-simple>=0.9.8'

package 'libpulse-simple>=0.9.8' not found

checking for module 'alsa>=0.9.1'

package 'alsa>=0.9.1' not found

checking for module 'portaudio-2.0>=19'

package 'portaudio-2.0>=19' not found

checking for module 'jack'

package 'jack' not found

Could NOT find READLINE (missing: READLINE_INCLUDE_DIR READLINE_LIBRARIES)

checking for module 'lash-1.0>=0.3'

package 'lash-1.0>=0.3' not found

Could NOT find Doxygen (missing: DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)

libsndfile: no (raw audio file rendering only)

PulseAudio: no

JACK: no

ALSA: no

PortAudio: no