Re: [fluid-dev] Need help with CMake for Windows VS 10

From: Jim Henry
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Need help with CMake for Windows VS 10
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:49:02 -0700

Update. I added "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include" to my path and some of the missing headers were found. Results below. Surprisingly this also fixed the inline test, at least partially. If I understand the report correctly "inline" still fails but "__inline" succeeds? This change also made the big endian check fail, which failed originally but worked when I used the VS command prompt.

Jim Henry

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10
Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
>Detecting C compiler ABI info - failed
Checking whether system has ANSI C header files
Looking for include files StandardHeadersExist
Looking for include files StandardHeadersExist - not found.
ANSI C header files - not found
Looking for include files HAVE_UNISTD_H
Looking for include files HAVE_UNISTD_H - not found.
Looking for DIR in sys/stat.h;sys/types.h;dirent.h
Looking for DIR in sys/stat.h;sys/types.h;dirent.h - not found.
Looking for string.h
Looking for string.h - not found
Looking for stdlib.h
>Looking for stdlib.h - not found
Looking for stdio.h
Looking for stdio.h - not found
Looking for math.h
Looking for math.h - not found
Looking for errno.h
>Looking for errno.h - found
Looking for stdarg.h
Looking for stdarg.h - not found
Looking for memory.h
Looking for memory.h - found
Looking for sys/mman.h
Looking for sys/mman.h - not found
Looking for sys/types.h
Looking for sys/types.h - not found
Looking for sys/time.h
Looking for sys/time.h - not found
Looking for sys/stat.h
>Looking for sys/stat.h - not found
Looking for sys/ioctl.h
Looking for sys/ioctl.h - not found
Looking for fcntl.h
Looking for fcntl.h - not found
Looking for sys/socket.h
Looking for sys/socket.h - not found
Looking for netinet/in.h
Looking for netinet/in.h - not found
Looking for netinet/tcp.h
Looking for netinet/tcp.h - not found
Looking for arpa/inet.h
Looking for arpa/inet.h - not found
Looking for limits.h
Looking for limits.h - not found
Looking for pthread.h
Looking for pthread.h - not found
Looking for signal.h
>Looking for signal.h - not found
Performing Test _have_inline
Performing Test _have_inline - Failed
Performing Test _have___inline__
Performing Test _have___inline__ - Failed
Performing Test _have___inline
>Performing Test _have___inline - Success
Check if the system is big endian
Searching 16 bit integer
Looking for stdint.h
Looking for stdint.h - not found
Looking for stddef.h
>Looking for stddef.h - found
Check size of unsigned short
Check size of unsigned short - failed
Check size of unsigned int
Check size of unsigned int - done
Using unsigned int
>Check if the system is big endian - failed
Looking for windows.h
>Looking for windows.h - found
Looking for io.h
>Looking for io.h - found
Looking for dsound.h
>Looking for dsound.h - found
Looking for include files HAVE_MMSYSTEM_H
Looking for include files HAVE_MMSYSTEM_H - not found.
checking for modules 'glib-2.0>=2.6.5;gthread-2.0>=2.6.5'
  found glib-2.0, version 2.24.0
  found gthread-2.0, version 2.24.0
checking for module 'sndfile>=1.0.0'
  package 'sndfile>=1.0.0' not found
checking for module 'libpulse-simple>=0.9.8'
  package 'libpulse-simple>=0.9.8' not found
checking for module 'alsa>=0.9.1'
  package 'alsa>=0.9.1' not found
checking for module 'portaudio-2.0>=19'
  package 'portaudio-2.0>=19' not found
checking for module 'jack'
  package 'jack' not found
Could NOT find READLINE  (missing:  READLINE_INCLUDE_DIR READLINE_LIBRARIES)
checking for module 'lash-1.0>=0.3'
  package 'lash-1.0>=0.3' not found
Could NOT find Doxygen  (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)

libsndfile:            no (raw audio file rendering only)
PulseAudio:            no
JACK:                  no
ALSA:                  no
PortAudio:             no
OSS:                   no
MidiShare:             no
CoreAudio:             no
CoreMIDI:              no
>Windows:               yes
LADSPA support:        no
LASH support:          no
LADCCA support:        no
OS/2 DART support:     no
Audio to file driver:  yes
Readline:              no
Samples type=float:    no (using double)
Profiling:             no
Debug:                 no
Trap on FPE (debug):   no
Check FPE (debug):     no

>Configuring done

On 7/25/2010 9:12 AM, Jim Henry wrote:
Thanks for the quick response Pedro.

I was not running cmake-gui from the "Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010)". Doing that made some difference and the new results are below with the differences in bold and prepended with a >.

I am trying to find the cause of problems with the test for inline keyword. There is no change that I am aware of between VS9 and VS10. I verified that VS10 supports both "inline" and "__inline" by manually compiling the CMake test code. Where should I look next?

In the meantime I'll track down the missing header files that are needed for Windows.

Thanks,
Jim Henry

On 7/25/2010 5:32 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
On Sunday, July 25, 2010, Jim Henry wrote:
Performing Test _have_inline - Failed
Performing Test _have___inline__ - Failed
Performing Test _have___inline - Failed
There is a problem here. I've included a check for three keywords trying to
find which one is needed for inlining functions, but looks like none is
supported in VS10. In VS9, "__inline" works, but maybe the check is wrong or
we need to include another keyword.
Some of the failing checks suggest that the compiler is not working properly. I'm not sure about the root cause. Maybe you need to check some environment variables required by the compiler. The proper environment for VS compilers
is provided by a start menu shortcut labeled "Visual Studio XXXX command
prompt" (or something like that), that opens a cmd.exe window using a .bat script. Can you try running cmake-gui from this command prompt and see if
there is some difference?

Regards,
Pedro