Re: [fluid-dev] Re: What is the best way start fluidsynth with zero/low

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: What is the best way start fluidsynth with zero/low latency? (Louis B.)
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 20:50:37 +0200

On Saturday, May 23, 2009, jimmy wrote:
> I still suggest they use qsynth to start fluidsynth.  Do mention that if
> they have a problem with qsynth,  they can try to start fluidsynth
> manually.  Once they use qsynth to start fluidsynth, they can use:
>
>    ps -ef | grep fluidsynth
>
> to get the commandline that qsynth uses to start fluidsynth.  With that
> info, they can start fluidsynth themselves from the commandline, or from a
> script.  They can learn more about fluidsynth commandline options after
> that if they want.

That suggestion makes no sense at all. QSynth doesn't start the fluidsynth
commandline executable in any way. It is a standalone GUI program using
libfluidsynth, in a similar way that fluidsynth is a CLI program using the
same library for the same purposes.

There are no shortcuts, except understanding the involved concepts. You may
ask here, in this mailing list, to the people that is delivering these
programs to you if you have any doubts or need clarifications.

Regards,
Pedro