Re: [fluid-dev] Re: What is the best way start fluidsynth with zero/low

From: Louis B.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: What is the best way start fluidsynth with zero/low latency? (Louis B.)
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 23:19:06 +0100

I have update the wiki to read

<q>First you need to reduce the CPU usage which helps reduce the
chances of data under-run which causes the audio cut out. This can be
done by turning off the Reverb and Chorus with the flags '-C0 -R0' and
also by halving the sample rate with the flag '-r22050'. </q>

I have just retested it and halving the sample rate helps more than
removing the Reverb and Chorus with the under-run.

I am running on an eeePC 901 + EEEBUNTU