Re: [fluid-dev] loading and unloading a SoundFont

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] loading and unloading a SoundFont
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 22:36:14 -0400

Quoting David Henningsson <address@hidden>:

Felix Krause skrev:
First I need to load a SoundFont into FluidSynth. I can do this, but
only if there are no spaces in the path. For example, this works:
This is a problem I also had when I started using FluidSynth. The
command line tool doesn't accept file paths with spaces. I recommend
using library calls instead, they have no problems with spaces in paths.

The problem seems to be in fluid_strtok, you can't escape spaces. I
tried to search for such a utility in glib but I couldn't find one. One
can solve it manually of course, without much trouble unless you want to
support UTF-8. But it seems like there should be such a line parsing
function already out there, or have I overlooked something?

// David

Would probably be pretty trivial to add this feature though. Would just replace '\ ' with space and '\\' with \. Perhaps allow double quotes and/or single quotes as well, for which escaping spaces would not be required (example: "My SoundFont.sf2"), in which case '\'' and '\"' should be added to the escape list.

It looks like fluid_cmd.c and fluid_settings.c are the only 2 locations that use fluid_strtok. It doesn't look like it would hurt the functionality of its use in fluid_settings.c to add the above described features, so these changes could just be added to fluid_strtok.

Added a ticket:
http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/ticket/44

  Josh