[fluid-dev] Re: CoreMIDI driver changes

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: CoreMIDI driver changes
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:16:58 -0500

Hello

Following up from yesterday, I just tried the new enhanced CoreMIDI feature with a dual port MIDI interface and sure enough I can trigger samples of two different soundfonts from the two MIDI ports.

Also worth noting, is that I could also use the CoreMIDI driver in SWAMI after selecting it from
Edit --> Preferences --> FluidSynth --> Midi Driver

then restarting fluidsynth from within SWAMI : Plugins --> Restart FluidSynth

Compilation of fluidsynth is now straight-forward with the addition of the CoreMIDI feature. There is no need to install MidiShare though MidiShare support can still be built as an option. BTW, the latest version of JackOSX (0.80) runs seamlessly with fluidsynth.