Re: [fluid-dev] Linking MIDI files with sf2 files

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Linking MIDI files with sf2 files
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:54:38 +0200

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 14:29 +0530, Premkiran Mannava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is the SF2 database and also the MIDI files.  Please do take
> these and test with fluidsynth 1.07a.  I could not play the files
> correctly
>
> Can you locate the problem in the code??
>
> Regards,
> Prem

Seems to be something with the MIDI files.  Probably related to sending
bank/program change events.  What program did you use to create them?
Either that program isn't doing things right, or its doing something in
a way which the FluidSynth MIDI parser doesn't like.  I loaded up the
files in rosegarden though and then exported them again as MIDI and it
works fine.  Here is a new version of the test1.mid.  The next step is
to figure out what software is at fault.  It would probably help to
analyze the MIDI file data, though I'm not real familiar with that
format.
        Josh Green

P.S. The email you sent with the attachments was a little large for the
list, so I'm going to stop it there ;)  If anyone is interested in the
attached material, just ask me and I can mail it to you personally (just
a GM SoundFont and 4 MIDI files).