[fluid-dev] Linking MIDI files with sf2 files

From: Premkiran Mannava
Subject: [fluid-dev] Linking MIDI files with sf2 files
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:28:10 +0530

hi,

I  have some downloaded code of parsing the MIDI files as well as soundfont files.  Now how do I select the preset and bank initially basing on the MIDI events.  I basically donot know which instrument it is playing initially right!  Suppose my MIDI file events are playing  a xylophone... then how do I recognize from soundfont that its a xylophone?  How do I identify the instrument of the sample?
Regards,
Prem