Re: [fluid-dev] Question - selecting font/bank/sound

From: Ken Ellinwood
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Question - selecting font/bank/sound
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:39:32 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think its possible to select programs from more than one soundfont in
the current implementation of fluidsynth using MIDI commands.  It appears that
fluidsynth keeps track of the banks in each soundfont separately, rather than
internally managing a single set of banks into which all sounfont
banks+programs get loaded.  When loading soundfonts onto an SB Live card, you
can give a bank offset, so that two soundfonts that internally use the same
bank(s) can both be used without conflicts by specifying different bank offsets
during each load.

At one point it was suggested that fluidsynth also manage
soundfonts/banks/programs this way, but it never got implemented.

Ken