[fluid-dev] Question - selecting font/bank/sound

From: David McNab
Subject: [fluid-dev] Question - selecting font/bank/sound
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:07:28 +1200

Hi,

I've asked this question on ALSA and Linux Audio lists, got no response, hoping someone here might take a moment to help.

I want to assign different midi channels to different soundfont/bank/program settings.

I know this can be done via the fluidsynth shell with the
shell command (via CLI and via server socket), but I have not been
able to do this via pure midi commands over ALSA

Can someone please explain the MIDI commands needed to achieve this?

I tried the following combinations, but none of them worked:
 1) Bank select msb: value = soundfont index
    Bank select lsb: value = bank number
    Program change
 2) Bank select msb: value = bank number
    Bank select lsb: value = soundfont index
    Program change

I did manage to select bank/program within a single soundfont via:
    Bank select msb: value = bank number
    Program change

But I have not been able to specify font/bank/program.

Can someone please help

Thanks in advance

--
Cheers