Re: [fluid-dev] segmentation fault

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:04:24 -0700

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 19:11, Paul Whalley wrote:
> I am using fluidsynth 1.0.3. It compiled without any
> problems. The problem is that no matter what soundfont
> I use (including the Vintage Dreams), I get a
> segmentation fault. What am I missing?
>
> Paul Whalley
> address@hidden

Does it crash if you just run "fluidsynth" without a SoundFont? Any
error messages before crashing?

If you could get a back trace of the crash that would be very helpful.
In order to do that you need to run the configure script as "./configure
--enable-debug", then "make" and "make install" as usual.

Then run "gdb fluidsynth" to start the GNU debugger.

You may have to hit enter a few times to scroll through the list of
symbols being loaded

Once you get a "(gdb)" prompt, type "handle SIG32 nostop" and [ENTER] to
get GDB to not catch pthread SIG32 signals.

Type "r" and [ENTER] to start running the program.

If the crash happens when using FluidSynth, do what you normally do to
get it to crash. After it crashes you should be back at a (gdb) prompt.

Type "bt" and [ENTER] to get a backtrace of the crash and cut and paste
this to the list.

Cheers.
        Josh Green