fianchetto-users

Re: [Fianchetto-users] tournament information

From: Javi
Subject: Re: [Fianchetto-users] tournament information
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:29:36 +0100

El Sábado, 4 de Marzo de 2006 15:39, address@hidden escribió:
> Hello,
>
>  I have a few questions about the chess tournaments, I want to know
> the main information that will be interesting to be record of a
> tournament, I was thinking in those ones: the name of the tournament,
> the tournament's beginning date,

Not only the beginning date, but also the ending date (it could be interesting
to add the date of each round, depending on the nature of the tournament).

> the referee or the referees, the
> number of rounds., the pairing system (swiss or Dubov swiss).

The place where the tournament is played, the tie break system (bucholz,
sonnen, Puerto Rico, ...), and, a very important one, the playing system
(FIDE system, blitz chess, ...). I suppose there are a few more things that
could be added (purpose of the tournament, age or ELO needed to play, ...).

>  About the pairing system, I have a question, what is the more used
> pairing system? the swiss sistem, or the Dubov variant?

Well, fifteen years playing chess and I'd never heard of the Dubov
variant :-).

Usually, the pairing system is swiss, but there's also a system called
"Round-Robin". It is used for tournaments where each participant plays every
other participant an equal number of times (we could call it a league). Don't
worry about it, it's very easy to implement.

>  Also I want to know the main information about the players that could
> be interesting to be included, I was thought about those: the name of
> the player, the rank, the club, the tittles

If it's an international tournament, I would add the players' nationality.

> (I don't know if it's
> important to know the total number or the names of them).

I don't understand what you mean.

> Thanks for all.

You're welcome.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.