fhsst-maths

FHSST-Maths: Newbie on the list

From: Carl Hultquist
Subject: FHSST-Maths: Newbie on the list
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:48:31 +0200

Hi everyone!

I've just signed up to make some contributions to the FHSST. My name's
Carl Hultquist, and I'm a postgraduate student (currently MSc but hoping
to upgrade to PhD) in the Computer Science department at the University
of Cape Town. I've studied maths right up until 3rd year university
level, and also dappled with a few 4th year courses. On the teaching
front, I don't have any formal experience but I have been involved for
about 5 years in training high school pupils for the International
Olympiad in Informatics (a computer programming contest). I've also been
a tutor in the Computer Science department for 3 years. As far as LaTeX
goes, I'm one of those funny Linux people: so when I'm writing any kind
of document I more or less eat-sleep-breathe LaTeX :-P

Cheers!

Carl

--
Carl Hultquist
MSc. Student (Department of Computer Science, University of Cape Town)

Email: address@hidden
Cell: +27 82 803 4633
Blog: http://voices-in-carls-head.blogspot.com
Public GPG/PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x64C54B76

IM, in order of preference:
 * Yahoo: cr_hultquist
 * AIM: carlhultquist
 * ICQ: 21742241
 * MSN: address@hidden

"The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom."
     --- William Blake