fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Logos available for comments...

From: K. Marcus Gulver
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Logos available for comments...
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:45:58 +0100

Greetings All!

Thank you, for your enlightening messages. I've decided to answer you all
below:

>I like the one on the left more, but I am a bit of a minimalist. I don't
>know if you got any other comments, but if people don't
>respond then bad luck for them.
>
>I also like it cos it looks like an official stamp :) we can stamp
>everything with the logo!

--Mark

Oh Yeah! Stamp everyting. LOL

>I really like the left hand logo - the simpler one. My
>vote is for that one.
>
>Thanks!

--Sarah

Thank you too Sarah.

>Same for me!  I was wondering whether you can tell me what the right hand
>graphic in the second logo is?  I haven't managed to figure it out.

--Heather

The device on the left suppose to be a 30 degree structure element such as
used for power lines etc. NOT sure if it's 30 degrees though.
Something like this http://newdeal.feri.org/images/aj59.gif

>cool,
>
>i like the one on the left. don't know if there is any need for an "est"
>though, but hey... makes us look more academic doesn't it? ;-)
>
>just wondering, what format are you making the logos in? is it a vector
>format, and if so, is there any chance we could get EPS versions of the
>logo for use in the book? LaTeX prefers encapsulated postscript over all
>other formats so it can create scalable output.

--Sam

Spot on mind reader that was the scope, Academia. :) I'm doing it in
Illustrator so its vector. Just checked it can be saved in EPS so no probs.

==

Glad to be of assistance will finalize it down to the line weights.
Expect to see a proposal for status color code shortly. And then the
site structure too.

All the best to you all! Goodbye for now.

Marcus