fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] Admin stuff

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] Admin stuff
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:01:20 -0800

Hi all

I have made some changes to the cvs server layout. You can now create maths, physics and
chemisty books seperately.

Using the Makefile just type
make help
and it will print the relevant options.

If you are doing it from the command line yourself then
latex mainphy.tex       <---- for physics
latex mainmath.tex     <---- for maths
latex mainchem.tex    <---- for chem

On Linux I had some problems latexing the new waves chapter - lots of psdots
commands saturated the available memory. This is not a fundamental problem.
To increase the amount of main memory latex uses do the following as root:

edit /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
and change:
main_memory = 350000 % words of inimemory available; also applies to inimf&mp
main_memory = 3500000 % words of inimemory available; also applies to inimf&mp

then close the file and do:

fmtutil --all

exit and try to latex it again.

Cheers,