Re: [ESPResSo-users] weird force between charged rods

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] weird force between charged rods
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:22:47 +0100

Dear Fabien,
I'm not sure if force the rod constraint was checked recently. It might well be
possible that it is counted, for example, with the wrong sign. I believe I
wrote the constraint force stuff for repulsive surfaces, but I'm not very sure
about the forces of the rod constraint. Instead of the rod constraint I have
always been using a line of particles. This could be an easy check.
On the other hand: What are your system parameters? If you have DNA and
trivalent ions at room temperature, like-charged attraction is, for example,
expected.
Cheers
Stefan