Re: [ESPResSo-users] weird force between charged rods

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] weird force between charged rods
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 22:30:54 +0100

Oops, forgot to reply all... Here the answer:

the forces only give the forces from the ions, not the rod-rod force (or energy), since the constraints can't move. Therefore, you get attractive forces. You need to add the rod-rod force yourself (2 lbjerrum lz tau tau' / rho, where rho is the rod distance and tau the line charge densities).

Will add some comment to the UG.

Cheers,
Axel