Re: [ESPResSo-users] example object-in-fluid.tcl

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] example object-in-fluid.tcl
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:12:47 +0100

Hi!

vsf is only the structure information, and does not contain positions. The vtf format actually specifies three file types:

vsf - structure only
vcf - coordinates only
vtf - both together

If the file is called simEspresso.vsf, I would not expect coordinates in it, there should be some separate .vcf file. However, if an IMD connection to VMD is to be used, a .vsf file would be written to setup up the topology, and then VMD would need to connect to Espresso to get the coordinates, using its imd command.

Cheers,
Axel