Re: [ESPResSo-users] Any possibility to define ion in PeptideB

From: pdam bright
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Any possibility to define ion in PeptideB
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:41:56 +0430

Thanks,
Pee

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Tristan Bereau <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Pee,

The hydrophobocity scale we use for the hydrophobic interactions comes
from a statistical analysis of protein structures. These do contain
charged amino acids and therefore average over electrostatic
contributions (e.g., salt bridges). This is, however, imprinted in the
final hydrophobicity scale in a mean-field way. Otherwise, we
fine-tuned our parameters by focusing on protein alpha3D (PDB: 2A3D).
This protein does contain some charged amino acids.

Best,
Tristan