erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] [OT] Emacs crashes

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: [Erc-discuss] [OT] Emacs crashes
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 20:57:48 +0000

[…]

 > To each his own!

[…]

 > Several Emacs instances is almost never a good idea.

        Well, …

        For a random data point, I tend to use 2 to 4 instances most of
        the time, with 2 being the most typical case.

 > By the way - crashes?!  That shouldn't happen. I can't remember Emacs
 > crashing on me ever in 5+ years of every day (or night) usage.

        It still happens to me; although subjectively, it became less of
        a problem in the recent years.  Per my experience, it tends to
        happen when dealing with characters outside of the ASCII set
        (see [1] for an example), so this probably counts as being
        dependent on the use case.

[1] http://debbugs.gnu.org/19435

[…]

--