erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] next ERC buffer

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] next ERC buffer
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 10:10:25 -0400

> In the vicinity, but I don't want the active stuff to
> matter. Suppose some buffer includes a command which
> I just saw but can't remember some detail, then I want
> to use this function to iterate the ERC buffers until
> I see it. I typically have but 2-4 channels open and
> this doesn't happen frequently so iterating is fine...
> Looks like I get to keep my Lisp :)

I find buffer switching to be generally good in Emacs that I don't
need an ERC specific buffer switching command.  I have some caveats
though:

1) I like using `C-x <left>' and `C-x <right>' to quickly switch
buffers but I believe I rebind them to `bury-buffer' and
`unbury-buffer' since the defaults `next-buffer' and `previous-buffer'
have some subtle behavior I don't like.

2) I run ERC in a separate Emacs instance to keep it separate from
coding (and because of occasional ERC crashing problems). So in the
Emacs frame running ERC, I only have to wade through ERC buffers and
nothing else.

Happy buffer switching,
Aaron