Re: info-native merged to master

From: Petteri Hintsanen
Subject: Re: info-native merged to master
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 17:50:05 +0200

"Fran Burstall (Gmail)" <fran.burstall@gmail.com> writes:

>> same info.  Can you please send a sample of some offending file so I can
>> investigate?

> Here!

Thanks.

The file has a TSO2 frame with the "wrong" value, as expected, but it
also has a user-defined text frame TXXX with ALBUMARTISTSORT key and
"Various Artists" value.  So taglib prefers TXXX over TSO2.  It probably
happens because TXXX comes before TSO2 in the file.

We could do the same by decoding TXXXs in emms-info-native.  It could be
a defcustom in case some users prefer strictly "standard" tags.

Petteri