Re: info-native merged to master

From: Fran Burstall (Gmail)
Subject: Re: info-native merged to master
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 22:44:39 +0000

"Album artist sort" is taken from "TSO2" frame, which is not standard,
but not necessarily controversial.  At least those two references
mentioned in code (Foobar2000 and Picard) agree on it, as does
https://id3.org/Developer%20Information

I think taglib is going wrong here.

Maybe so, but in all the cases in my tests, it gives the "right" answer.  In the example I gave , it was part of a compilation with albumartist "Various Artists" and I would expect albumartistsort to at least approximately match.

> 2. genre: emms-native-info yields things like "(16)" while
> emms-print-meta-data gives things like "Reggae".

This is nasty.  Those numbers are id3v1 genre indexes
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3#Genre_list_in_ID3v1[12]).  Maybe we
need to add id-to-string mapping for them.

Are those genre numbers plain integers or are they enclosed in
parentheses, quotes or something else?

Enclosed in parens: here is what emms-info-native--decode-into-fields yields in one example:

(("year" . "2015")
 ("genre" . "(16)")
 ("discnumber" . "1/1")
 ("tracknumber" . "1/3")
 ("albumartist" . "Gregory Isaacs")
 ("artist" . "Godwin Logie")
 ("title" . "Poor Man in Love")
 ("album" . "Sly & Robbie Present Poor Man in Love EP"))

---Fran