Re: [emms-help] emms-playlist-mode: truncate lines and goto-dired

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-playlist-mode: truncate lines and goto-dired
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:49:40 +0900

Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:

> The second binds "D" to a function which visits the emms-playlist-mode
> track-at-point in a dired buffer. This is the equivalent of
> `emms-browser-view-in-dired' for emms-playlist-mode.

How about `C-x C-j' ? Just like dired-jump:

,----[ C-h k C-x C-j ]
| C-x C-j runs the command dired-jump
|   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `dired-x.el'.
| It is bound to C-x C-j.
| (dired-jump &optional other-window)
|
| Jump to dired buffer corresponding to current buffer.
| If in a file, dired the current directory and move to file's line.
| If in Dired already, pop up a level and goto old directory's line.
| In case the proper dired file line cannot be found, refresh the dired
| buffer and try again.
|
| [back]
`----

I have a similar implementation in my .emacs. Beside opening the dired
buffer, it looks better to place the point under corresponding track
file name(again, same as dired-jump does.), namely:

    (goto-char (point-min))
    (dired-search-forward (file-name-nondirectory name) nil t 1)))

oh, `dired-search-forward' is defined in dired-isearch.el[1], could be
replaced with `search-forward' alike.

Footnotes,

[1], http://williamxu.net9.org/ref/dired-isearch.el

--