Re: [emms-help] Can emms-lastfm display track info, such as aritist?

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Can emms-lastfm display track info, such as aritist?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:06:11 +0900

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> There's
>
> ,----[ C-h f emms-lastfm-radio-skip RET ]
> | emms-lastfm-radio-skip is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
> `emms-lastfm.el'.
> | (emms-lastfm-radio-skip)
> |
> | Inform Last.fm that you want to skip the currently playing
> | song.
> `----

Yes, I had found this one. But when i run that, i only got some messages
in minibuffer:

,----
| Contacting host: ws.audioscrobbler.com:80
| EMMS: Rated current track
`----

The song is still playing... What I would like is stop current song
immediately and start a new one.

>> Third, emms-all is lack of one line setup for emms-lastfm in the ";;
>> setup" section, namely:
>>
>> ,----
>> | (emms-lastfm-enable)
>> `----
>>
>> Right?
>
> No, I think this is intentional.  What about users that use that setup
> to get another feature but don't want to use Last.fm?

But besides listening to the lastfm radio, what other generic features
emms-lastfm.el would provide...

For me, at first, I didn't realized that I need (emms-lastfm-enable) at
all, because M-x emms-lastfm-radio-similar-artists looks like just
working. Without (emms-lastfm-enable) won't be good, I guess?

> I think they will
> get error messages because the lastfm user/password are unset and
> stuff...

If you do not want to bother users, maybe the error message could be
delayed to when user really starts to listen to lastfm radio.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org