emacsconf-discuss

Re: EmacsConf 2019 updates for speakers (schedule, tips, 200ok & FSF sat

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: EmacsConf 2019 updates for speakers (schedule, tips, 200ok & FSF satellites)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 17:28:53 -0400

Hi Quiliro,

Quiliro Ordóñez <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for your great work.
>
> I found Damien Cassou's software: screencast.el on:
> https://emacsconf.org/2019/tips
> It is described what it does. But I do not know how to use it. It would
> be nice to have an intro for newbies.
>
> Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the kind words.

I haven’t yet tried using Damien’s screencasting.el, but skimming
through it, near the end we see:

(defun screencasting-setup ()
  "Setup keybindings."
  (interactive)
  (bind-key "C-. q s" #'screencasting-start)
  (bind-key "C-. q k" #'screencasting-stop))

Hinting that the main commands of the package are `screencasting-start'
and `screencasting-stop', defined earlier in the file.  You could either
invoke them like M-x screencasting-start RET, or using the defined key
bindings.  Of course, feel free to change the definitions to invoke the
programs with the correct arguments for your setup.

P.S. The two key bindings there are defined using the `bind-key' macro
from use-package [0].  You will want to make sure you have use-package
installed; or alternatively, change `screencasting-setup' to define the
bindings using one of Emacs’s own facilities, like `global-set-key'.

[0]: https://jwiegley.github.io/use-package/

Hope this helps.