[emacs-wiki-discuss] [muse][Proposition]Meta-Key binding should be repla

From: ITSUMI ken-ichi
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] [muse][Proposition]Meta-Key binding should be replace into Escape key explicitlly
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:26:44 +0900

Hi there.

* Problem and Background

I had believed that Meta and ESC was identical modifier in emacs.
But today I found my current emacs(version 21.4.1) distinctly
*differentiate* them.

So M-RET and ESC-RET is different now.

And there is another problem, my current machine does not have Meta
key, like almost all of you.

* Solution

redefine keybind like below.

(define-key muse-mode-map [escape return] 'muse-insert-list-item)

* Proposition

Meta key in keybind should be change into  Escape key .

-- 逸見研一(いつみけんいち) Mixi
http://mixi.jp/show_friend.pl?id=113732 Orkut
http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=11299027584966195898 Blog
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/amt/ Plan http://calendar.yahoo.co.jp/amt_tmp