[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Adding dates in format "week number..."

From: Sven Kloppenburg
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Adding dates in format "week number..."
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 10:03:38 +0100

Hi Geraldine,

Geraldine <address@hidden> writes:

> New to all this, I've been doing lots of reading of manuals and
> archives and tips, and my aim is to get something basic going similar
> to what I managed in PMWiki on localhost but which was just way too
> slow in my browser.  I had a decent project and task management thing
> going but it was based on a weekly task list, from which I would
> choose daily tasks at a nightly review.
>
> I can fudge it for now by writing in Monday's date each week but that
> will muddy things for me, and I need all the clearwater help I can
> get, so I wonder how I can select a week number date.

Can't you just have plan-pages called e.g. Week05 and from there copy your
tasks over to the day you want to do them? For additional categorization in
projects have a look at planner-multi. Then you could have tasks like

#C _ fix some bugs (Week10 ImportantProject)

and in your nightly review hit C-c C-c on it and copy it to tomorrow.
--
bye,
Sven