Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-appt or diary question

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-appt or diary question
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:21:53 +0000

> I'm very happy using planner-appt; I like being able to use the same
> input mechanism to create a task and to create an appointment.

> What's missing for me is a way to see a "preview" of scheduled tasks
> (appointments) for the upcoming N days.

> Maybe I want something like this [other suggestions for similar
> solutions welcome]:

> * Today's Appointments (2005.12.10)

> @14:00 |       | # Some task
> @15:00 |       | # Some task

> * Upcoming Appointments

> 2005.12.11 | @14:00 |       | # Some task
> 2005.12.15 | @9:00  |       | # Some task

That looks good.  The @s in the forthcoming appointments section would
get highlighted as planner-appt's highlighting currently stands, so
perhaps they should be @-less for now?

Since looking at this I have realised that the code I added to put
task appointments in the schedule does lots of unnecessarily
complicated book-keeping to avoid duplicating appointments; I am
thinking about re-writing it using text properties: much simpler,
don't know why I didn't think of it before, etc., etc.,

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway