[emacs-wiki-discuss] new user questions - configuration, timeclock, nest

From: Patrick McKnight
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] new user questions - configuration, timeclock, nested task, publishing
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 15:43:30 -0400

Greetings,

I started using planner mode for emacs about a month ago and am really
impressed.  Like others on this list, I also use the GTD model.
Unfortunately I do not know how to do a few things.  I would
appreciate any hints on how to do the following:

1.  I am not sure if the typical setup is to refer to a
planner-config.el file in your .emacs file or explicitly put the load
and require commands for all the different modules directly into the
.emacs file.  What would be the most efficient method of setting up
and configuring planner?

2.  I have not quite figured out how to do the timeclock mode.
Perhaps my .emacs file is incomplete but I cannot run (via M+x) any
specific timeclock commands.  How do I use timeclock?

3.  How do I setup a heirarchical structure to my tasks.  For example,
I have a project, say Cancer Screen, and under the project I have
various tasks such as phone calls, emails, read, analysis, and write.
How do I create nested task?

4.  I am not clear how to publish my schedule and how publishing it
may be an advantage.  If I do publish the schedule, would it be
editable via the browser (perhaps bad)?

Thanks so much for your help and thanks to sacha for the great work on
the project.  I am really impressed with the package and intend to
teach my graduate students how to organize their lives with emacs.  We
do all our work in emacs with R/ESS/Sweave/LaTeX so the planner mode
is an ideal extension.  Thanks again.

--
Cheers,

Patrick