Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] diary and tasks

From: lauren
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] diary and tasks
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:48:00 -0500

I had tried task-based appointments earlier, but hadn't configured to have them
appear in the *Schedule section.  that provided part of what I'm looking for.
Another aspect of Diary (or planner-diary) that I like is having appointments
for several days (like the coming week) displayed;  clearly I don't have a LOT
of meetings to worry about :-)

Is there a way to accomplish that?  I looked through the docs and through the
code, but it wasn't obvious to me.

Alternatively, could I monkey with the planner task code so that
planner-timeclock operates on more things than tasks?  In other words, if I do
planner-task-in-progress (C-c C-z) on a task, planner performs as expected:
marks it in progress and, more importantly for this discussion, makes that task
active in .timelog.
If I do planner-task-in-progress on a non-task line of my day page, planner
does nothing (I know: its not EXPECTED to do anything!)
But what I would like is, if point is on a line of my day-page *Diary section,
for planner to update .timelog with that diary entry (and the relevant project
page if there is a project specified in the line).
Does that make sense?  Of course anything is possible, and I wouldn't mind
taking a whack at this myself, but if someone
has already done this, or could offer suggestions, I'd appreciate it!!