[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Note on task page but not day page

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Note on task page but not day page
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:25:19 -0400

"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:

> But I get queasy when I enter important text into a temporary buffer.
> I'm (justifiably) concerned that I'll lose partially completed work
> unless I save every two minutes.  I just tried saving now, and Emacs
> offered the current plan page as a default file name.  If I weren't
> careful, I might overwrite the plan page!

Ahhh. I tend to use files in ~/tmp for that purpose.

C-x C-s doesn't overwrite the plan page. It's the same as C-c C-c,
which may or may not be the best thing...

> As well, I sometimes write in more than one note at a time, adding
> to each one as the projects progress over an eight hour period. (I
> use Notes to maintain a work journal.) Perhaps remember can support

Hmm. You might be better off creating notes in today's page yourself,
and then using a keyboard shortcut to toggle between the note and your
previous buffer...

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, juggling