[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: Note on task page but not day page

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: Note on task page but not day page
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:19:33 -0400

I use Remember to create a note on both the current day page and whatever
plan page I specify (the default is the current plan page.)  I usually
create the source text for the note in the plan page, mark it, invoke C-u
M-x remember, and then I delete that source text afterwards, since Remember
creates its own copy.  The prefix argument tells Remember to work with a
region instead of the entire buffer.

With Remember, you can specify nil for the plan page, in which case the note
gets created only on the day page.

Just evaluate the following and give it a try!
(require 'remember-planner)

The cool thing about Remember is that if you use planner-multi, you can put
notes on more than one plan page.  (Maybe I should write, "The cool thing
about planner-multi....").  I might put a note for a neat coding trick in
these plan pages: SoftwareProject1, EduPlan, DataBaseTricks, NeatThings....

If I want a note to appear only on a single plan page, I just enter it
directly on that page, preceding the note title with .#n, where n is the
next note number.

I also enjoy using planner-timewarp, which Sacha wrote just because I asked
for it and because she's really nice. :-)  It provides "back-dating" of
notes.  I use planner-timewarp to change the day page to the previous work
day so I can generate notes with Remember that summarize what I did (if I
can remember that far back.)

HTH

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>