Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi

From: John S J Anderson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 06:38:04 -0400

Gijs Hillenius <address@hidden> writes:

> Can you give an example of what it does?

  It lets you have multiple plan or day pages associated with a
  task. Add (require 'planner-multi) to your config, start up Emacs, do
  M-x planner-create-task, and when it prompts you for 'Page:', instead
  of a single page, you can put in a space-delimited list of pages.

  For the people who have a GTD-ish way of using Planner, this is
  extremely nice because it lets you associate a context _and_ a project
  with a task.

  For the people who have a del.icio.us-ish way of using Planner, this
  is extremely nice because it lets you shift things over to more of a
  tag-based approach, because a single task could have a whole bunch of
  pages assigned to it, and those pages will effectively be 'tags' or
  'labels'.

  For the people who have an idiosyncratic mess-ish way of using Planner
  (and this is the category I fit into best, since my system is GTD-ish
  but with some tagging stuff mixed in), this is extremely nice because
  it just makes things more flexible. You don't have to think about the
  best page with which to associate a given task; you can just blitz
  down everything the task should be associated with (which could be a
  project, a tag, a person, a context, etc.) and get on with whatever
  else you're doing.

  I guess that's the best way of putting it: planner-multi gets the tool
  further out of your way.

john.
  - Hume