[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-diary bug/misfeature

From: John S J Anderson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-diary bug/misfeature
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:39:18 -0400

  (This may not rise to the level of full-fledged "bug", but it cost me
  about 30 minutes of applying head to desk to figure out, and I it
  doesn't make any sense to me why it's set up like this, so I figured
  I'd gritch about it and see what happened.)

  The default value of 'planner-diary-file' is _NOT_ the value of
  'diary-file', which means that if you've changed the latter (to, oh,
  say "~/.diary"), then getting planner-diary integration working is
  going to take much, much longer than it should. Moreover, there are no
  obvious errors, just 'No entries' showing up in the *Diary section,
  even when running 'M-x diary' _does_ show entries for a particular
  day.

  Is there some reason for this being set up like this that I'm just not
  seeing, or am I the only one that frobs diary-file to something
  non-default?

thanks,
john.
--
"A consensus means that everyone agrees to say collectively
what no one believes individually."