[emacs-wiki-discuss] Format of tasks

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Format of tasks
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:57:05 -0400

Is it possible to change the format of a task line?  Currently, my
tasks look lke this:

  #A1 _ Some task description here         {{Task:XXX}} ... ... (ProjectPage)

Where ... are notes attached to the task.  I find the ... completely
out place to the point of distraction, especially when it's surrounded
by tasks which don't have attached notes.  For example:

  #A1 _ Some task description here         {{Task:ABC}} (ProjectPage1)
  #A2 _ Some task description here         {{Task:DEF}} ... ... (ProjectPage2)
  #A3 _ Some task description here         {{Task:GHI}} ... (ProjectPage3)

IMO, would be much nicer like this:

  #A1 _ Some task description here         {{Task:ABC}} (ProjectPage1)
  #A2 _ Some task description here ... ... {{Task:DEF}} (ProjectPage2)
  #A3 _ Some task description here ...     {{Task:GHI}} (ProjectPage3)

Also, is there an easy way to rename a ProjectPage such that all
references to it are also updated on all planner pages?  For example,
I have SomeReallyLongPlannerPageName which at thetime was very
descriptive, but now I find annoying.  I've been using it for some
time, and therefore it's referenced by many other planner pages
(mostly daily pages).  I'd like to rename it to SomeShorterName.

Is there an easy way to do this, or should I pull out my
SwissArmyChainsaw and write a perl script to it? :)

Thanks.
--

Seeya,
Paul